Sunday, September 9, 2018

The Rest is History

Born and raised in Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia; I started my culinary journey by further my studies in Certificate Assistant Cook (Uitm). I start my culinary experience in competition by joining various local food rivalry. After been overwhelmed by culinary arts, well-appointed with Diploma in Culinary Arts, I went to work with several hotel in Negeri Sembilan. Lake view hotel was the first home of my culinary journey.
I was exposed and discover the continents flavour and food cultures. Then I went on to work at Guoman Resort in Port Dickson. I’ve improved my culinary skills in Western Cuisine. Currently, I am a Lecturer in Culinary Program with Selayang Community College and completed my Bachelor Science (Honoured) in Culinary Art Management, endorsed by University Technology of Mara (Uitm).
Throughout my 15 years journey in the culinary world, I had join, won & loss many accolades in competitions. Among my recent achievement coaching student reaching to the sublime from Myccskills 2015 in Kuala Kangsar which my student Dinesh achieving Gold for the event. In 2014 with the KKSY team competing in World Skills Malaysia Cooking, for the first time our team managed to get 2nd runner up.
I strived my best yearly to educate in mentoring students to not just participate, but to win in culinary competitions that is organized. The key towards succeeding in this element is to continuously innovate and never let yesterday success become more sophisticated than our future. I have continuously coached students, batch after batch, semester after semester, year after year, consistently making them champion.

In addition to these successes, I‘ve managed my time completing my studies at UiTM. From representing Selayang Community College as a candidate, I‘ve transformed my attributes to mentoring students to represent College in Culinary Competitions.
Along the journey in College, I’ve also involve myself in innovation competition. I successfully won Gold Medal in Research Innovation Skills Exhibition 2015 with Nasi Lemak Ice Cream as my product. Simple recipe also published in local cooking magazines. I‘ve also conducted several workshops for Polytechnic Metro and University Technology Mara Dungun (UiTM) on Ice Sculpture subject, educating an in depth understanding on ice carving.
I cannot do many great things all the time, but could deliver small things with great passion and lots of love in it. “I pride myself in keeping things consistent in what I cook and cook with souls. Food culture in Malaysia as always be passed on from generation to generation to come, stories will be told, recipes will be taught and skills will be learnt. Just like me and my belief in cookery.

No comments:

Post a Comment